Answer Last Updated: Nov 03, 2017 Views: 323
Last Updated: Nov 03, 2017 Views: 323
- Open Mendeley Desktop
- Select the folder for your bibliography
- Check that your citations are in alphabetical order by the first author's last name. If not, click on the Authors column.
- Select View from the top menu, and select Library as Citations
- Return to the View drop down menu, select Citation Style and choose the style you want to use
- If you don't see the style you need, choose More Styles. Mendeley offers 1,000s of styles.
- If you want to include the abstracts, choose American Psychological Association 6th edition (annotated bibliography with abstract) or Chicago Manual of Style 16th edition (note, annotated bibliography)
- Right click to Select All citations in your list
- Right click to copy citations, select Copy As then Formatted Citation
- Paste citations into a Word document
- If you copied a large number of citations or included abstracts, it may take a few minutes before you can paste them.
Be sure to proofread all your citations!
Citation tools, such as Mendeley, are not fool proof. Errors in capitalization are common.