Answer Last Updated: Aug 23, 2016 Views: 51
Any user may place a hold on any book that is charged (checked out) to another user. Once that book is returned, it will be held for you to pick up.
Please Note: you may not place a hold on a book that is listed in the catalog with status “available” or "not charged". These books should be readily available for you to retrieve from the Main Stacks.
To place a book on hold, do the following:
- Go to the Healey Catalog and find the item.
- Confirm that the book is charged (checked out or unavailable).
- Click the “Make a Request” link in the blue box on the right-hand side of the screen
- Select "Hold" on the following screen
- When the item is returned, a notice is sent to you indicating that the book has been returned and is available for pick up at the Circulation Desk.