Answer Last Updated: Mar 05, 2018 Views: 82
Any user may place a hold on any book that is checked out to another user. Once that book is returned, it will be held for you to pick up.
Please Note: you may not place a hold on a book that is listed as “available”. These books should be readily available for you to retrieve from the Main Stacks.
To place a book on hold, do the following:
- Go to UMBrella and find the item
- Confirm that the book is checked out
- Sign into your library account
- Click on the link next to REQUEST OPTIONS
- Fill out the required information on the following screen and click Request
- When the item is returned, a notice is sent to you indicating that the book has been returned and is available for pick up at the Circulation Desk