Answer Last Updated: Jul 29, 2016 Views: 240
Current UMB faculty, staff and students, whose library records are in good standing, are eligible for a BLC card. A BLC card allows for borrowing from the lending collections of libraries in the Boston Library Consortium when you physically visit (on-site) any BLC library.
A BLC card does NOT provide remote access to any online texts or databases available at BLC libraries.
Fill out a BLC application form at the Circulation Desk, 2nd floor library lobby.
Using a BLC card
- Register at the participating library's circulation desk.
- Borrowing privileges and expiration dates vary at each institution. Check the policies of individual libraries.
- BLC cards issued to faculty and staff are valid for a full academic year (Sept 1 - Aug 31)
- BLC Cards issued to students expire at the end of each semester, but may be renewed at the beginning of each semester.
- UMB patrons are responsible for all fines/fees charged to their BLC card.