Answer Last Updated: Aug 15, 2016 Views: 130
There are several other databases which allow you to follow author citations. I recommend Web of Science and Google Scholar. It is best to go to these databases from the Healey Library Databases & Indexes page. You can also click the links below.
- Web of Science (Has citation reports for authors)
- Google Scholar (Articles have "Cited By" links to show how many times an article has been cited)
Here are access and searching instructions for ISI Web of Knowledge;
- From the Healey Library homepage click on Databases & Indexes
- then select “W” from the top of the page and then select Web of Knowledge from the A-Z list
- If you are off campus, you will be prompted to enter your last name and barcode.
- Enter the last name and first initial followed by an asterisk in the search box: Paas F*
- Select Author Name from the drop-down menu next to the search box
- Click search
- Click Create Citation Report at the top of the search list on the right-hand side of the page
- See screen shot below for a citation report for Fred Paas
In Google Scholar, search for the author. Look for the Cited By link at the end of the article description. Here is an example search for Fred Paas in Google Scholar.